Monday, May 16, 2011

Beat the Education System - The Homeschool Option for Everyone

The mission of the Taxpayer Watchdog is to expose waste with a goal of keeping government limited and responsive. This principle applies to government schools. I constantly hear from parents who are frustrated by their public school experience but are intimidated considering home schooling. Those who follow me on Facebook know that I am a huge fan of the homeschooling system, Time4Learning.

Our kids absolutely love Time4learning and never hesitate when told to get on a computer and do your school. It is 100% canned, off the shelf, and so engaging that it actually has built in fun activities called "playground" that your child gets to do once the work is done. They even have pre-K curriculum, so my four year old is cranking through that and almost ready for Kindergarten.

Despite the fact that it is SO easy from a parent's perspective, it is also so amazingly comprehensive and shockingly inexpensive. Check it out. The fact that way software works in "the cloud", you can do it from any computer, anywhere in the world. Also, the more people using it, the less pressure they have to raise prices. That is why, even though I am getting a tiny little check for doing this post, and more tiny little checks for successful referrals, I should have shared this a long time ago.

Disclaimer:
Time4Learning has given me the opportunity to review their program and share my experiences. Time4Learning is an online educational program that can be used as a homeschool curriculum or for afterschool enrichment. While I was compensated, the content in this review was not written by Time4Learning. The opinion is entirely my own.

1 comment:

Wmoon said...

You are so right on the spot with your blog on T4L. Some might say it is so easy for the parents so it must be missing something on the children's education to be so inexpensive. But my two girls have enjoyed T4L for years now.

Carol
Homeschooling my girls in New Mexico since they were born.